Marathoners on their last leg, or anyone pushing through walls of self-imposed limitation experience an euphoria, the "runner's high". We live for those ecstatic thrills induced by extreme pleasure, while being absorbed by one or by an orchestral interplay of all five senses, the spirit-mind-body troika intensified.


ENDORPHINATION is so much more
than an organic, neurotransmitter cocktail of stimulated peptide hormones.







Tuesday, February 5, 2013

OBE RECOLLECTION


 
LIQUID BODY: JostFoto
 
 
 
During one of Manhattan's notorious heat waves (you don't know what hot is until you've experienced one of these without AC)---it must've been the summer of 1988. It was late afternoon. I left the office early that day,... venturing home for a quick disco nap in the sweltering sauna cooled by an ice pack, wind-blown by Santa Ana type breezes from a large oscillating fan.


I drifted off, lulled to sleep by the calming purr of the fan. As I lay dying in the heat, I had the most peculiar out of body experience. There at the foot of my bed, an out of focus apparition appeared. I wasn't alarmed. However, I focused my gaze upon the figure until it became clear that what I was seeing was a hologrammic representation of my future self. The recognition was immediate these were indeed my features at a later time than the present, then. Yet, there I was standing taller, more fit and robust than before.


As if summoned, this astral doppelganger began to move out of my bedroom, down the hall into the kitchen. As strange as this may seem, I floated buoyantly along behind him---or, rather me. Suddenly, without a hostile takeover, the hologram of my future self "walked-in" to my body as it was at that moment in time. I looked out the kitchen window through the perceptive comprehension of the future-self-doppelganger. Another apparition appeared. This one was dressed in a drab-olive monk's cowl, face covered concealing identification. The spectre extended an open palm as if to shake my hand. Like a bubbling well-spring, money began erupting from the center of the hand extended, flowing into my own.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment